Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Reaching Chicago

Since I had to ship Sasha's bike on the Amtrak back to Cleveland, out of Southbend. I was not able to take my planned route through Michigan City, but rather got a ride thirty miles south of Chicago.

Was dropped off outside a Target in the Suburbs as the sky became darker and I began to face another day on my own. I
stopped inside for coffee and to read a little to decompress from all the good fun with new friends and old...and knew a thirty mile trip would go by quick.

So about the time it started to rain again (of course) I got on my bike an headed north onto a busy road. As I meandered through streets to find safer routes, I came across established bike trails that went through forests and meadows and was surprised that parks like these existed so close to Chicago.

It was fun to discover new ways, and not as much fun, struggling through the city traffic, I had not seen on my trip yet.

My route took me through a couple festivals including the urban internatinal fest and a Puetro Rican Festivals where Chicagoans were celebrating music, heritage, and having an excuse to get outside and enjoy the entertainment.

A few hours later, and a little stressed from the traffic, I reached my sister's Apartment to be greeted by her, my cousin Britney, and their roommate Rachel. Britney was working on her bike and it wasn't long before we all got our bikes out and started fixing things...



I love summers in Chicago, and I love anytime I can have a visit with my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment