I'm glad we were able to take our time, we grabbed a cup of coffee where a gentelman told us all about Davenport and I was able to spend a good hour with my dad talking about our trip and life before he boarded.When we hugged eachother goodbye, we both began to cry...for some reason I think we understand how special it is to have moments like these together...among other reason of sentiment.
I did not think it would be so hard to see him get on that bus and back to his life and me to mine.
___
Though I had only planned to spend an evening in Davenport. Dustin was a good host and showed me all the good things to see in Davenport on bike. We checked out the farmers market, the local brewery, we explored other towns, and bike trails...and the city was especially different with the flooding that occurred.
I didn't exped to enjoy Davenport as much as I did...and I realize how important a host can be on this journey so I do no overlook what a city has to offer.
___
No comments:
Post a Comment