After almost two weeks of being in Cleveland, hundreds of cups of tea, home-cooked meals, six days at the Ohio Valley Coop, three days of paid-work, and spending endless amounts of quality time with a one of my closest friends, it is time to hit the road and continue my journey West.
 |
|
Sasha and I after work |

Cleveland was filled with everything that I needed: learning most of the maintenance I will need for the rest of the trip (including breaking chains, truing tires, cadence, and general upkeep), had loads of good conversations with new people, respiratory recovery with the help of many new-found friends, learned about a new city in my home-state (Cleveland has a lot to offer including the lake, a good art community, and people that are down to earth), and lastly the ability to add some additional funds to the trip by working at fine dining restaurant for a couple days and being a dishwasher at Beachland--a central art venue of Cleveland.
 |
| West Side Market |
I am grateful for everyone who made this trip exactly what I needed and helping find the health to continue on my journey. I am looking forward to seeing my sister and family in Chicago, get back on the road and check out a new city.
Sasha will be joining me for nearly a week on my trip to Chicago as we follow the lake and explore towns like Elkhart, South Bend, and Michigan City.
No comments:
Post a Comment