The previous day, I spent the day packing for the trip, checking my gear, getting food prepared, and seeing what things I could leave behind. Sasha, however, had spent the weekend working everyday and when she wasn't working she spent any extra time being involved in one of Cleveland's Art Project which consisted of pushing a 12 ton truck twenty five miles; a project representing the working class people in Cleveland over the years.Sasha had found me a shift as dishwasher for Beachland giving me one more reason to stay the extra week so she could join me on my Cleveland to Elkhart, IN trip. I had never been a dishwasher before, but was excited to try something new, and always excited when I can find additional funds to help support the trip.
When I walked into the kitchen that morning, there was a pile of pots and pans from the night before and I had an hour to figure out how everything worked, to meet the kitchen staff, and to do the dishes before the kitchen got slammed from Sunday Brunch. It was a good, fast paced environment, with a bunch of lovely cooks singing to Motown tunes and seemed like one of the most laidback yet efficient crews I had seen in a kitchen. The hours passed by quickly, and before we knew it our shift was over and it was time to run back to the house to grab our belongings to run to another shift, pushing the 12 ton truck to the very last destination where there would be a crowd waiting and festivities. Though I didn't know too much about the Art Project, it seemed like a great way to see the city and meet artists and excited people about the project in Cleveland.
So after a couple hours of pushing the truck we made it to the West Market, spent a few moments enjoying the music and the enthusiastic crowd, and then loaded our bikes to meet up with a friend for dinner on the west side of Cleveland. Needless to say, time went by quickly, and before we knew it 11:00 pm had rolled around and we still had not left for our twenty mile bike ride alongside the lake to get an early start to our tour--- which was already jam packed in mileage...but we decided to press on anyway. We already had our route planned and if we were efficient we would be camping on the lake in less than a couple hours. So we hopped on our bikes and headed West.Tomorrow we would embark on another experience that would add to the many ridiculous experiences that we had already shared in the past....
![]() |
| 2006-Colorado |
![]() |
| Sasha and Hope's first real outing-2006 |


No comments:
Post a Comment